Friday, January 13, 2012

Comments

  All bloggers treasure comments.  One of my blogger friends told me she has made at least 5 attempts this week and the comments box just freezes up and won't let her.  Another friend was successful in leaving one but when I tried to post a reply to the comment it would not let me.  Dang comment box!   My friend asked why I didn't think I would live long enough to see my 1 year old granddaughter become an adult.  She was born when I was 56 so I will be 80 when she is 24.  LOL! Personally, I plan to live to be a robust, healthy 100 but you just never know.  My favorite aunt died when she was 54 of cancer.  I guess I have always thought every day past 54 has been a bonus.  My mom died in her early 70's.  Her mom died as a middle aged woman from cancer.  I never would have guessed my friend is in her 70's...I thought she was my age.  People are "younger" than they use to be I believe! :)  But then, inside, I still feel maybe 35. Now, my body doesn't always feel 35!!!

2 comments:

Sparrow said...

I was going to ask the same question. I'm glad it was only a 'just in case' scenario.

Anonymous said...

I feel just like you... I look in the mirror and I look at myself and I say wow I am 63 years old... but I feel so young in my mind. Can you believe I have seven years on you... your so young.

In fact I want to keep feeling young. When I turned 60 I had a real problem I felt like I had more time behind me than I had in front of me. I started to make some changes in my life. I started listening to modern music the top ten and found I really like them... the first song I fell in love with was Soul Sister see if you can find it and tell me if you like it.

Then I started to spend money on what I wanted like my camera. I had wanted a camera for some twenty years but the kids and other things always were more important. Then I realized what I wanted was important and what I want is ok to come first.

My children are 42,40,37,35 so now I can go back to being myself and do what I want. Then I started painting and more important I started to sell so that now even though I am retired and I because I am selling I still get to feel I have a future goals of improving my art etc.

I will tell you after I retired that I started thinking about death more and then when we went back to work for a couple of months the thoughts of death disappeared so maybe it is normal to think of death as being the next big event(giggles)

I just wanted you to see all the good things you still have ahead of you (giggles...)

Now you are still so young... here is a question for you how about dating... computer dating is very popular in our age groups and it is a great way to meet friends... Something to think about...you are still so young... Hugs Kathleen