Sunday, January 22, 2012

Books, Cheesecake, Weather, Home ....what I'm thinking about tonight

Since I often forget the title of books I have read I have started a page to list titles as I read them.  Over there on the right, WHAT I READ IN 2012.   I formerly had a page of things I had read but it was alphabetical and I wanted to do this one by the month to remind me how well I am doing.  A few months ago I did not have enough concentration and comprehension abilities to read anything at all and this month I have read 11 books so far.  Thank the Lord! Reading is what I do and when I can't I get really stressed out.  Maybe that trial is over, although the ability to read has come and gone and come and gone several times over the past 2 years.  Anyway, back to the new list ... if you look at it, see a title you are familiar with, and think you know of something similar I might like feel free to let me know.  There is a comment box there, but we all know how infrequently you are able to actually leave a comment on this blog so we will see how that works out.   
      Thinking of the problems with leaving or reading comments here...my friend was tickled by the college professor story a few posts back.  You might have thought that professor taught some kind of math.  No.  Psychology. 
      The wildfire from Saturday...mostly out except for some hot spots as of 10 p.m. Sunday.  The winds have died down and now the weatherman is saying 60 degrees with light winds for a very nice Monday and then a couple of inches of snow for us on Tuesday.  If you don't like the weather here just wait a day or two...
       I am not really familiar with http://www.pinterest.com/  My niece suggested it.  I went to the site and "requested an invite" ... don't ask because I don't know .... and now I am on a waiting list.  Oh..kayyy   Anyway, the day she suggested it I looked at the page and there was a photo of fresh strawberries that had been hollowed out and stuffed with what looked to me like Jell-o Cheesecake mixture and then topped with some crushed graham cracker crumbs.  I couldn't figure out how to see the recipe so I am guessing.  Maybe someone will explain pinterest to me.  Anywayyyy, I thought man, wouldn't it be really good to then dip that strawberry in a little bit of chocolate??  Cheesecake. Yum!  I think it is my favorite dessert.
      Dreaming, as in daydreaming.  I know I am so fortunate to have this 1000 sq ft single wide trailer house.  There was a time when I didn't have any home of my own so I do know how fortunate I am.  I expect this to be the last place I ever live.  Good Lord willing, and the SS check still coming to make the payment.   What I really want tho, is a 399 sq ft home.  Yep, 399 sq ft.  I spent the night in one in Ruidoso, NM.  I looked inside one at an RV place in Albuquerque, NM.  They are the cutest little things, called a "park model home" (google all 3 words).  Could not possibly cost much to heat and cool them.  I have been to websites many times, just looking.  They send me email advertisements all the time.  I think they would be perfect for a single, minimalist-thinking grandma.   I mean, how many "things" do I need?  Not many.  My closet is mostly empty. I have one pair of jeans, 2 pairs of sweatpants, 2 pair of yoga pants, a handful of t-shirts, 2 blouses, 2 sweaters, 2 sweatshirt jackets, 2 coats and I am perfectly happy.  I gave away all my "work" clothes and "church" dresses.  When I finish losing weight and/or get a job again I will have to get some but right now I am just fine.    I have one pair of Crocs, one pair of boots, 2 pairs of Skechers and my sister is bringing me 2 more pair of Skechers that she doesn't like so I have a lot of shoes!  But my weakness?  New socks.  I love new socks.  I have lots.  Cloth napkins.  I have, I think, 48.  Pens and pencils?  Oh, I love pens and pencils (I have more than the local office supply store.  not really, but close) "Iced tea" size glasses?  I have 20.  Seriously, what on earth am I doing with 20 glasses? I just have a weakness for glasses.  I have 2 hand blown glasses Trey gave me, 12 clear ones from Walmart that have circles embedded in them (reminds me of white dotted Swiss, my favorite kind of curtain fabric) and 6 McDonald's Coca-Cola glasses (glass in the shades of green, blue and 1 purple one.)  I love them.  They remind me of when I was a little girl and getting a Coke at the drugstore.  Sands-Dorsey Drug Store no longer exists but it was an old time-y drug store with a soda fountain counter and wooden booths with red leather upholstery in the back corner.  If you were getting a prescription filled they would give you a coupon for a free Coke.  I had a sore throat requiring penicillin fairly often and that was the biggest treat...to get that free coke.  I don't remember getting one any other time.  It was served in a green Coca-Cola glass shaped just like the ones I have now except it held maybe 6 ounces, maybe.---even as a little girl I remember the glass being small.  But anyway, back to my "dream home" .... isn't this just the cutest little thing??? Except the roof needs to be forest green metal, to look like Lincoln Logs. Or are their roofs bright red?  It has been a while since I've seen Lincoln Log Toys but I am sure this is not it.


Evidently, from what I saw in the paper today I am not the norm.  LOL!  When have I EVER been the norm????  In today's paper a home builder here had about 6 floor plans in the paper for a new development, 3 & 4 bedroom homes, nice but not "over the top," just a typical nice house except they all had 4 car garages.  4 car garages!  WOW!  Maybe I should dream bigger.  I mean, even I could park a car in a 4 car garage without hitting something.  AND since I only have one car there would be room to actually open the car doors. 

No comments: