Tuesday, June 21, 2011

some of my favorite things

Post # 77
I have trouble narrowing anything down to just one....
quote....
  • "It is no small thing that they, who are so fresh from God, love us." --Charles Dickens
  • "I've learned that people will forget what you said, will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." --Maya Angelou
  • "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." -- Mother Teresa
 books....
well, this list could go on forever but let's start with the Betty MacDonald books.......this woman taught me to find humor in anything for which I am eternally grateful and when I move to Heaven I will be looking all over  until I find her and say thank you
  •              The Egg and I
  •              Anybody Can Do Anything
  •              Onions in the Stew
  •              The Plague and I
  •              and the L. M. Montgomery series Anne of Green Gables ...Lucy Maud Montgomery and I are kindred spirits and I will also be looking for her...we will be BFF's
  •      Both series just tickle my funny bone and since I am from New Mexico I love the Dorothy Pillsbury series Roots in Adobe
food....
  • pinto beans, cornbread, chow chow and onion, lots of icy cold water followed by strawberry shortcake
  • homemade hamburgers, fries, Dr Pepper and ice cream
  • lasagna, salad, green beans and any kind of cheesecake
  • just about anything Tex-Mex and sopapillas with honey butter
  • the first bite of anything really good
illustrator....
  • Mary Engelbreit - she always makes me smile
  • Diane DeGroat - she makes me smile too
websites...
  • http://www.flylady.net/  because she taught me that LOTS of people are overwhelmed by housework and says "Are YOU living in CHAOS? (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) Do you feel overwhelmed, overextended, and overdrawn? Hopeless and you don't know where to start? Don't worry friend, we've been there, too"  What?! You mean it isn't just ME?
  • http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/ because she is so funny and I need humor, her beautiful photographs, her life on the ranch is interesting and I like to look at her husband's buns in Wranglers
flowers....
  • moss rose because no matter what they will grow and bloom for me
  • verbenas and lantana because they look like little bouquets
  • lilacs because they make the whole house smell good, and usually they are purple
color.....
  • jewel tones like purple, turquoise, ruby, emerald, sapphire  (when my daughter Becky was little she used to say her favorite color was plaid)
animal....
  • dogs because they love unconditionally
  • penguins and otters because they are funny
  • alpacas because I would like to have a herd
  • cats because during an especially difficult time of my life a cat loved me through it

No comments: