Monday, June 27, 2011

What's Blooming Monday

Post # 89

could these be rain clouds??
 
sweet 100 tomatoes

 <><>
<>
<><>
there were 3 more but I ate them right in the garden :)
 
black eyed peas
I was outside and puttering in the yard from 7 a.m. until 11 a.m.  It was great. There was a nice breeze, I don't know what the temperature was but it was nice and the sky was...gray. Gray?!  Could it possibly be rain clouds?!  I really thought maybe it would rain but....not yet.  Maybe tonight. It was just so wonderful to have a temperature that was comfortable.  I was just sure it was going to rain this morning so I  hunted down all the seeds I had left.  I planted more turnips (the first planting never came up), 4 o"clocks, green beans  (from 3 pkgs of beans I planted earlier I think I have 3 vines), morning glories and some grass seed.  I harvested my first tomatoes!  Back to seeds... I will never again buy a package of seeds if I can get it in bulk.  I just discovered that at my favorite greenhouse they sell morning glory seeds by the scoop.  I have bought I don't know how many packages of morning glory seeds at Wal-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot and the grocery store  this year.  I think the most seeds I have found in a package is 30.  For $1.99 I got a scoop of seeds, I am guessing maybe several hundred.
My corn is coming up but won't be
 "knee high by the fourth of July".
About half of my corn plants
have disapeared but what is left
is doing good, I think. I've never
grown corn before.
 
my squash is growing like crazy


 
I was planting morning glory seeds
in the front yard and Zoe just got tired.
The poor thing had red ants crawling
all around her.  I show you the beautiful bits
of my yard...most of it looks more like this, :(

eggplants

I love moss rose!








 

love the vibrancy of the color of these two verbenas

this shade of pink makes me
think of pink cake frosting

i prefer the pale yellow


No comments: