Friday, June 24, 2011

feeding my soul......blooms in my flower beds

 Post # 81

don't have a lily
but I do have petunias
 
When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other.
Chinese Proverb 
Bellflowers - one of my favorite bedding plants

dainty little snapdragons


4 o'clocks at 8 p.m.
 
I love color as much as God does. 

spindly little verbena
 I think the only reason my flowerbeds are doing so well in this heat and drought ---besides water from the hose---is the Miracle Grow Moisture Control Potting Mix since my morning glories planted in the ground get as much water and are barely alive.  And those Miracle Grow people don't know who I am, not a paid advertisement, but a darn good product.
a huge pot, with a huge mandavilla, with
vinca and a hens & chicks plant


and in the middle of a flowerbox up popped about 8 tomato plants in a tight little cluster.
  I will be moving them to self watering buckets as soon as I can make some more.
 I have no idea where how they got here...could the seeds from a rotten tomato
 have survived the heat of the compost bin? 


No comments: