Monday, February 13, 2012

Beautiful, Talented Women

I love to hear Adele sing!  She sure was the sweetheart of the grammies, wasn't she? I think she is so pretty, and I really like that she is a normal size woman, not super skinny.  Jennifer Hudson, oh my goodness, that girl can sing too! Loved her version of Whitney Houston's song "I Will Always Love You."  And Whitney Houston.  I am so sorry to hear that she died.  I loved to hear her sing too.  One of my Christmas traditions is to watch several Christmas dvds every year, including "The Bishop's Wife" starring Loretta Young & Carey Grant and the remake, "The Preacher's Wife" starring Whitney Houston and Denzel Washington.  I love both of those movies.  I am assuming it was drugs and/or alcohol that took Whitney's life.  Her daughter is only 18....I wish she could have won her war with drugs and  lived for her daughter's sake.  Having two daughters in their 30s I know that they still need their mommas. 

2 comments:

1st Man said...

Very nice post, I love me some Adele! She's just amazing. I will miss Whitney Houston, grew up listening to her.

Carol said...

Thank you for leaving a comment! I will miss Whitney Houston too. Bless her heart, it must be incredibly hard to live in the entertainment world, so many of them die young.