Sunday, September 4, 2011

Oh, Happy Day!

Post # 149
Oh Happy Day!  It rained during the night!  Around 1:30 a.m. the thunder and lightning woke up the dog family and since Gracie is absolutely terrified of thunder and rain I woke up too.  It is just pitiful how terrified she is and how violently she shakes.  I don't know how much we got but enough that the ground is still wet at 8 a.m. and that has not happened since it snowed last Dec, maybe Jan.  Yesterday was day 50 of 100 degree or higher temperatures in Amarillo this summer but ---oh, happy day! Today the high is suppose to be 78. All next week it is suppose to be between 78 and 82 degrees.  I can hardly wait! Fall is here! I can open my drapes and front door!  I am claustrophobic and really hated to have to keep the windows covered to keep the heat out this summer.  Monday morning I plan to be out bright and early cleaning up my yard when the ground is no longer wet.  Today I can get outside and clean out my car.  Go for a walk in a park. Sit outside in my swing. I wish I had a bicycle.  Life is good!

No comments: