I am working on:
- spending as much time on my back on my sofa with my feet propped up on the back on the couch keeping my feet higher than my heart
- wearing dadgum shoes whenever I have to stand on my feet, walk, get off the couch
- taking the maximum dose of extra strength pain reliever all day long
- have a water bottle in the freezer that is part water/part rubbing alcohol so it freezes slushy and after I wrap it in a towel I place it between my feet, holding it in place with the bottoms of my feet, sorta like a contortionist
- have ordered new Crocs in hopes that returning to wearing them exclusively will help ... can't wait for them to get here! Should be the 29th. I ordered these:
- Yup, lined with a fuzzy fleece lining. I have had a different style Croc lined with this material and oh, can't wait to sink my feet in to heaven again! I ordered brown but I'm thinking I may have to place another order for bubblegum pink
- and then, in a different style also lined with fleece, an eggplant pair
- cause I really like purple-ish anything
- I decided to not order the pink and eggplant ones until I tried the brown ones to be sure of the size I needed. Several years ago I wore my first pair from the fuzz collection completely out but I seem to remember that the fuzzy lining takes up some room and may be that I need a size larger. What I had then was yet a different style and you could remove the lining and wash it....my sister also has that style and they are her "house shoes." These are going to be my house shoes, outside shoes, love my feet shoes....
And my younger son asked today WHY are my feet so bad again when they had not been so horribly flared up in the past year? Because for the first time since I went to the hospital in April 2010 have I wanted to get out of my house, go for a walk, get some exercise and once the heat fell below 111 degrees I thought that walking was a good idea. That, plus at the end of July I started babysitting my granddaughter who has a super dooper stroller and seems to really enjoy getting outside and I want to be out there too. She lives in a beautiful neighborhood (a post about porches complete with photos is coming soon), the 85 to 95 degree weather seems so COOL just makes me want to get out in the fresh air. On second thought, one of those motorized carts you see at the grocery store and at Wal-Mart seems like a good idea. I could strap Taylor in the basket and we could toodle through the neighborhood to our hearts content.