Saturday, September 3, 2011

Don't Have a Cow

Post # 148
After I typed the title I wondered if that is just a southern expression.  It means don't get all worked up over something that is none of your business.  Don't get a bee in your bonnet.  Don't get your panties in a wad. Moving on, I've been a little under the weather and I didn't even realize I hadn't posted anything in a week until my sister told me.  Things are pretty dull at my house (as usual) but I just saw something on TV that stirred my dander up.  Some things just makes me wonder, why can't we all just get along? Can't we just choose to be kind? Can we just mind our own business? On second thought, I need to work a lot harder on that one, but I do try to be kind to others.  This is just a thought about being in an uproar because someone is different than you.  It is OK to disagree with me, agree with me or not care one way or the other. 1st of all, I care deeply about tolerance and acceptance and kindness.  I don't personally know a transgendered person but IMHO it is really sad that some people are in a rage publicly because Chaz Bono is going to be on Dancing With the Stars. If someone is so opposed to seeing Chaz on that TV show, all they have to do is change the channel.  End of problem. Do you really need to verbally flog him?  Has he not had enough struggles and hurts? Their claim that it is wrong for children to see a transgendered person on TV....I'm thinking no one who does not know Chaz's history would look at him and think "he looks like he used to be a woman."  No, he looks pretty male to me.  And you don't have to let your kids watch it if you don't want them to. And you don't have to take it as a chance to teach tolerance & acceptance. I read his bio that was published this year.  He shared his transgender story not because he wanted to but because he happened to be born to famous parents, therefore his entire life has been in the public eye, by no choice of his own after birth, especially when he didn't want to be scrutinized by the whole world.  The lesser of two evils was to talk about it himself.   IMHO people probably do get born in the wrong bodies.  I don't know why, how, when. IMHO  I believe we all have at least one cross to bear in this life and I believe we walked with Jesus and choose the one we will carry.  I believe I said "OK, I will be mentally ill, I will lose a portion of my hearing, I will be the mother of mentally ill children, I will live most of my life without a husband to love me, I will choose to struggle financially, and I will choose to follow and love You. Most of those things will be hard, but not so hard that I can not bear it with Heavenly Father's help--- so thank you for not giving me one that would be any harder."  And really often I say to myself "what were you thinking Carol? Couldn't you have chosen the burden of having money???" I think we have those crosses for a purpose--for us to learn something, to test us, to teach others.  Maybe the Lord allows people to have these crosses because how can we learn tolerance and kindness to mentally ill people if there are no mentally ill people? or deaf people? or transgendered people?  or whatever thing someone might be prejudiced against.  It is easy to be nice to someone who is just like us, harder to people we don't like for whatever reason.  Maybe some people said yes, I will take that transgender cross.  Or maybe it was just a mess up of brain chemicals. Or maybe the moon and the stars didn't line up right, but it doesn't matter. Is it any reason to have a cow because someone was born in the wrong body and they chose to do something so they could be happy? Back to DWTS....I watch that show sometimes.  I will be watching this season because Chaz is on there.  I hope he wins, I hope he is accepted, I hope he has a good time, I hope Cher supports her child.  IMHO if someone has a problem with DWTS it should be the name because not all of the people they have on that show are "stars."  Cher is a star, Chaz is a child of famous people.
P.S. I also hope the burned soldier, Mr. Martinez wins too but I guess only one of them can.

2 comments:

Sparrow said...

I'm very happy to see you posting again! I was worried. ^^

carol said...

Thank you for that comment. It is nice to know someone reads my blog! How are you doing?