Sunday, December 4, 2011

Not Much Excitement Around Here

We did not get any of the snow were were suppose to get.  Instead of snowing for 4 days as expected we just got some sleet and cold, windy days.  The high today was about 35 but tomorrow the high is only suppose to be 25 with snow tomorrow night.  If it is going to be cold I wanted lots of snow this weekend while I did not have to get out in it.  Today I:
  • read a Mrs. Jeffries book --- I really like that series
  • read the Sunday paper and got depressed over all the Christmas things I can not buy
  • had sloppy joes and french fries with my daughter
  • applied for a job online
  • watched White Christmas for the umpteenth gazillion time
  • told myself I could play just one game of Mah Jongg at the AARP site.....aarrgghhhh, I played probably 20
  • and my accomplishment of the day----bathing my three dogs (not my favorite job)
11 p.m. and it is snowing! Very pretty!!! But Ugh! Weather guy just said low will be 9 degrees Wed morning with negative degree wind chills.  When it was over 100 degrees for -- what was it --- 51 days? last summer -- and I said I would never complain about winter weather again?  I did not mean it, the heat had fried my brain.  I really don't want it to be 9 degrees and the wind blowing. 

4 comments:

Sparrow said...

LOL, they are predicting 6 degrees here tonight and 8 tomorrow. I think that should be against some natural law for everywhere short of the poles. They also predicted high winds here, instead we got a lot of beautiful (albeit painful) snow.

carol said...

Ugh! You are colder than we are. Our weatherman jokes that the only thing that separates us from the North Pole to keep the cold out is a barb wire fence. Hope you feel better:)

Sparrow said...

ROFLOL! Your weatherman is worth his weight! That's really funny! Of course, might be funnier if it weren't the truth, huh?

carol said...

Yep! it sure feels like the truth tonight....right now it is 8 degrees. brrrrrrrrrr.......