Saturday, December 3, 2011

Honey Popcorn

Tonight I may have gained back the 26 lbs I have lost.  On another blog I read the lady has repeatedly mentioned making homemade carmel corn this fall and tonight I caved.  I didn't make her recipe but one I use to make for my children all the time.  It is so easy and if you like honey this is the recipe for you.  When I received this recipe probably 25 years ago it was a recipe for popcorn balls but I have never been able to make balls out of it.  (maybe because I don't measure the popcorn and have the exact amount).  We just eat it with sticky fingers.  Anyway, pop your popcorn.  Remove all the kernals that did not pop so you don't break a tooth. The recipe calls for 10 cups but I have never measured it out.  In a small saucepan put 3/4 cup of brown sugar, 1/3 cup of honey and 2 Tablespoons of butter or oleo.  Heat and stir until it starts to bubble and everything is melted and well mixed.  Pour over the popcorn. Mold into balls if you can, and if you can't then just dig in!  I should have waited and made this when some of my kids or grandkids were here because I ate half of what I made. Oh well, I hadn't made it in years and it was really good.

2 comments:

Sparrow said...

MMMMMM, sound delicious! We may try your recipe this week. Yum!

carol said...

I think you will like it...and sticky fingers just add to the fun!