Thursday, December 8, 2011

Cookies! Games! Grandkids! Good Times!

Oh my goodness!  These are GOOD cookies!  And all you have to do is heat up the oven, open the package, break apart the pieces and bake.  I never met a cookie I didn't like, I don't think, and I am not even all that big on mint and chocolate combo but these are really good cookies.  At my Wal-Mart they are $2.50 a pkg for 24 cookies. 
Taylor had her first choc chip cookie this week.  Yes, I was the one to give it to her!  She is no longer a baby but a toddler and it is so fun to see her turning into a little girl.  She got a tea set for her birthday.  The little tea pot makes gurgling sounds when you "pour."  She pretends to pour, drink, and then turn her cup upside down and "spill" it and then grabs a wipey or blanket or whatever she can reach and pretends to wipe it up!  She likes to clean up "spills."  I love our botanical gardens.  This week they are open in the evening so that people can come out and see the gardens covered in Christmas lights.  I would love to go but it is very cold here.  Today we had what the weatherman calls frozen fog all day long...it was scarey driving at 7 a.m. and then coming home since we don't have fog like this often and certainly not all day long.  The "frozen fog" lightly fell in what the weather guy described as powdered sugar snow. It is 28 now and will get down to 18 degrees later.  Neither of my daughters thought going to the gardens to stroll around in the 20 degree weather with frozen fog falling sounded like something they wanted to do. It is at times like these that I wish I had a husband, if he could be an exceptionally good man and who enjoyed going places.  I purchased my annual gift to myself, a Mary Engelbreit wall calendar.  I love her illustrations....they are just happy!  I love new calendars too...all those blank squares to fill in with family members birthdays and such. My project for the weekend is to transfer every photo I have taken of Taylor this past year to disks to give to my daughter-in-law, her mom and her cousin that lives with them.  I have never saved photos on a disk so I will have to see if I can figure it out.  I made a photo book at Shutterfly.com from her very first photo to 1st birthday pictures and got it ordered.  Since I am almost 58 the odds of me being here when Taylor is in her 20's is slim so I plan to make a book for her each year so she will know all the things she and I did together when she was little.  Hate your job?  On the news just now they said a water main has broken in our town and city crews are out working on it.  As I said, it is 28 degrees, pitch black outside (it is a little after 6 p.m.---no telling how late they will be working on it), the frozen fog is thick, the wind is blowing...not fiercely but any wind in this temp would be miserable AND to be soaking wet working on a broken water main???? I can't imagine much that would be more miserable tonight and they don't make much money, either!  My other weekend plans?  Saturday clean house like a crazy woman, do some decorating, see if my daughter will cut my hair, watch The Help if a dvd is available to rent close by, put stew in the crockpot for Saturday dinner, and make a pot of chili to have for Sunday when my grandsons will be spending 9 hours with me.  While they are here I plan to play games all afternoon, make sugar cookies, let them wrap the presents I got for them to give their mom,  and watch a Christmas movie if there is one to be had at the neighborhood redbox dvd rental. 
LOL! This pic is upside down and I don't know how to turn it! 

No comments: