Sunday, July 10, 2011

Yikes! I may be a criminal too!!!

Post # 105
I somehow stumbled across this....this....this woman brazen enough to (gasp!)  plant veggies in her front yard!    click below
Oak Park battles city over vegetable garden in their front yard     ---dang, wish my garden looked that good!
she now has a website http://oakparkhatesveggies.wordpress.com/ and if you don't read anything else then read the second July 10th entry.....someone wrote a poem.....that at least gave me a chuckle over such a serious but rediculous problem this woman now has.  I once heard George Lopez say if a a big star in Hollywood has chickens in their backyard it is "going green" and to be admired for their enviromentally sound ecology efforts.  If a hispanic family has chickens in the yard everybody is calling code inforcement!
Yikes! I just realized I guess, technically, since my garden is on the same side of my trailer house as the front door then my corn, tomatoes, eggplant, green beans, black eyed peas, bell peppers, watermelon, cantelope, zuchinni, and squash plants are in MY front yard.  AND planted in buckets! Oh heavens! There goes the neighborhood!
our city's water conserving plan, lack of rain and 20 or more days of 
over 100 degree weather this summer has left my garden pretty puny.


No comments: