Oh Amarillo! We used to be famous for
- the beautiful, awesome Palo Duro Canyon
- millionaire, philanthropist and prankster Stanley Marsh 3 and his Caddilac Ranch
- The Big Texan Steak House
- hometown of golfer Ryan Palmer, dancer Cyd Charrise, Carolyn Jones (Morticia on the Addams Family). astronauts Rick Husband and Paul Lockhart, oil man and philanthropist T. Boone Pickens, Teel Bivins U.S. Ambassador to Sweden, Olympic gold medal winner Brandon Slay, Pulitzer Prize winning editorial cartoonist Ben Sargent
- current home of authors Jodi Thomas, D. R. Meredith and National Book Award winner Kimberly Willis Holt
First this summer we had this mascot for our baseball team.......
Amarillo Sox’s Mascot Too Stiff on First Appearance
and now we have traffic signals that show a hand doing the one finger wave........
Equipment age to blame for mixed traffic signals Amarillo Globe-News
and we have broken all records as being the hottest and driest year since Amarillo started keeping records in the 1800's. I saw a sign recently. It said "Satan called. He wants his weather back."