Wednesday, June 16, 2010

the end

Post # 24
I emailed my letter of resignation in.  After much thought, debating and prayer I have realized this is the time.  The best solution.  A painful one. The door has been shut and locked.  Admin will have this in their mailboxes Wednesday morning, June 16th, 2010 

Donna, Either my computer is messing up or it is the tears falling on the keyboard but I think you have received about 3 copies of this with only pieces of the message....so, one more time...

Donna,

It is with utmost regret that I must retire effective June 30, 2010.   The City, the Library, library administration and my supervisors have been absolutely wonderful to me during my 20 years with the library and I will be eternally grateful for the opportunity I had to work here.  I received my first library card in New Mexico when I was six and from that time on I have never wanted to work any where else.
Thank you for allowing me to live my dream.  Actually the opportunities I had with the library far exceeded anything I could have imagined.

Thank you,


3 comments:

SCY said...

Dear Carol, This is heartbreaking for us as well. I hope you know how much you will be missed and how sincerely we all wish you good health and better times. I will never forget how much you helped me when I was new to the library and came to East Branch once a month having forgotten nearly everything I learned the month before! Take good care of yourself and let us know how you are. Stacy

Anonymous said...

I hope retirement is the best part of your life. I never remember a time that you weren't going to the library, didn't have a book in your hand, or a list of several to read. Think of the people that never knew there were such things as library cards that you had to physically take to the library with you. How times change. Now books are just scanned and somehow the thrill is gone of owning your own Library Card.
Think of all the fun things you can do now. Read, garden, play with grandboys, make cookies, watch movies, drink Dr. Pepper and eat popcorn. Anytime you want. Sounds like the real life to me!
luv u little sister

Unknown said...

It will never be the same. I will always miss IMing you or hearing you on the phone. You were my first friend after moving back to Amarillo. I hope you will continue to be my friend forever. I know this choice was gut wrenching. But it was HIS design. Now wait, and follow the path laid before you. I am so sorry about the events that lead up to this decition. Now enjoy yourself and lets have brunch often!