Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Be Careful What You Wish For

Post # 25
After Trey, my therapist and I met with the lady at city hall who was explaining my retirement options I came home and just bawled from the stress of the entire day and for the sure death of my job and because I have only been on the current combo of anti-depressants/anti-anxiety pills for one week and crying is just what I do. My kids and grandkids had already been invited to dinner for my favorite meal--beans and cornbread--and my oldest son took me to Wal-Mart for an impromptu "retirement party" cake.  Whenever a storytime child would tell me what they wanted to be when they grew up I always told them I wanted to be retired when I grew up.  Well, here I am.  Who knew I would only be 56 when the day came.  But, on the plus side, for the first time in 2 months I actually got out of my pj's/comfy clothes and put on "real" clothes, and jewelry, and lipstick. 

No comments: