Friday, July 2, 2010

Is this STILL Friday?

Post # 46    Regardless of how Travis looks in this photo in Carol's world things are not quite as scary as they have been.  Long day though.  Casey left early today on a camping trip and won't be back til Monday.  Brent left on a different camping trip and won't be back til Monday.  Mason and Travis were extra good for me today.  Since Casey left much earlier than the original plan I had to go to the grocery store, and drive, and watch my grandsons all by myself today....I can't even remember when I last drove or went to the grocery store by myself (but with my memory...).  I must be getting better because I used to gasp, tense up, sometimes do a little panic yell thing when cars approached from the side even when I wasn't driving but I did just fine driving today.  We had lunch at McDonald's then went to United and got the ingredients to make taco casserole for dinner.  It was sooo good.  Becky had dinner with us then she went to see a friend and Mason, Travis and I played Scrabble, watched The Wizard of Oz and Where the Wild Things Are.  Finally got them in bed but since it is their last night with me til who knows when we packed a lot of things in today and stayed up late watching movies.  I am exhausted.  Trey called and said he would "spend some time talking and sitting on the swing with me" tomorrow afternoon.  I am taking care of Brent's two dogs while he is gone so I will be driving several times a day...will just run over there 2 or 3 times a day and make sure they have food and water...they have a doggie door into his utility room in case it rains or they get too hot and a nice fenced yard.  He lives maybe a mile from me so I won't have to drive on I-40 or anything.  Becky will come over in the morning after the boys wake up and we will play games.  Mason and I got out the Dominoes, In a Pickle, Yahtzee and Uno and have them stacked on the table ready to play in the morning.  I have another incentive to continue getting well and to get a job.  I want a Chevy Volt...Chevy's electric car is finally in production.  If I can get back to work it will still be a couple of years before I can save up enough to make it feasible & it's a pipe dream probably (what does "pipe dream" mean?) but it is a good goal.  I was hoping for about 4 days of drizzle but we only got about 3 minutes of very light sprinkles...all when we were getting groceries out of the car and into the house, but it felt good.  5 of my prescriptions need to be refilled Tuesday.  I am wondering do I really need the two that are $50 a piece?

No comments: