Thursday, July 8, 2010

cognitive impairment?

Post # 54      You know a few posts back I was wondering if I could do without the 2 prescriptions that are $50 each? You know how I have been saying I can't concentrate enough to read a book? Can't comprehend anything? Everyone knows my memory is non-existent. Well, I decided to see what I could find out about one of the $50 ones. This is from the list of side effects of one of my prescriptions, one for anxiety, from wikipedia...With long-term use of benzodiazepines it is unclear whether cognitive impairments fully return to normal after cessation of therapy; cognitive deficits persist for at least 6 months post-withdrawal, but it is possible that longer than 6 months is required for recovery of cognitive function. Lorazepam appears to have more profound adverse effects on memory than other benzodiazepines; lorazepam impairs both explicit memory and implicit memory. Benzodiazepines can cause or worsen depression. I don't need any help worsening my depression. Won't be refilling this one.

No comments: