Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ellen Degenneres

I absolutely love Ellen.  I love that she ends her show by saying something about please be kind to each other.  I have always thought she was so funny, and seems to be a genuinely nice person.  She and I don't see eye to eye on everything ... some times her humor gets a little silly for me.  I don't want to know anything about her personal life.  She seems good to her momma, though.  That is enough for me.  My theory is that if you start with the things you have in common or like about someone and go from there we are all alot more alike than not.  Most people are basically good.  I like pretty much everybody.  Once I get to the point ... rarely ... where it seems like a person is more bent to be mean, critical, sarcastic, controlling, harsh, talk ugly or whatnot then I move on.  Pretty often I find plenty to like about a person.   Ellen is gay. I am not. My favorite aunt was gay.  I loved her to pieces.  My next favorite aunt was not gay.  I loved her to pieces too.  I have enough to do with trying to take care of my own life to have time to be judgemental about someone else.  Not my job.  Because I think it is not my job I have a hard time understanding why some people were in all the awful uproar over JCP, formerly known as J. C. Penneys, hiring Ellen for their latest ad compaign.  I LOVE the ads.  Every one I have seen has just been a hoot.  If I ever get stuck in an elevator again (at my library I got stuck in our cranky elevator more than anyone else but that is another story)... but back to my thought, if I ever get stuck in an elevator again I hope it is with Ellen because she just cracks me up. And JCP, I love the ads. 
To live by

No comments: