Friday, October 28, 2011

Pirates of the Canyon festival

Post # 193
I live 30 miles north of Palo Duro Canyon State Park.  If you are ever in this part of the world I think you would enjoy going down in the canyon.  In October is a hot air ballooning event (see link).  Tonight a balloon glow was scheduled at dark in a big park here in Amarillo but with all that snow yesterday that melted today the muddy park was out.  They moved the balloon glow to the Lowe's parking lot.  Worked just fine.  I was there early and left before dark --- when they would really have been beautiful lit up after sunset ---because I don't drive well in the dark but I did get some good photos....
the blue is a giant tarp laid on the parking lot and then the balloon stretched across it to be inflated.


No comments: