Thursday, October 13, 2011

God Bless Khiva Shriners

Khiva Shriners help injured Vega teen: After a tragic accident on the football field, one Vega High School student, Luis Morales, remains unable to walk -- paralyzed from the waist down.
When I wrote how I felt about letting our children play a game requiring an ambulance on the edge of the field two posts ago I did not know about this child's injury.  Vega is a little wide spot in the road about half an hour away from me down Route 66. Small little 1 sq mile town, maybe 250 families.  Their boys play ball. Of course this tragedy is a horrible life changing accident for Mr. Morales and his family, but it will be felt by every single person in this town.    According to www.pubmed.gov there are 300,000 to 1,215,000 high-school football injuries each year in the United States. I remain the mean ole mom ......and God Bless every Shriner and for their hospitals.

No comments: