Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Help

Post # 138
I read The Help by Kathryn Stockett when it was first published and I absolutely loved it.  I was still working at the library at that time and I sung its praises to many of my patrons and wouldn't leave my coworkers alone until they read it too.  Have you seen the movie?  I will have to wait until it comes out on DVD so I can have the closed captioning but I can hardly wait.  Since the books are always better than the movie versions my daughter wants to see this movie first then read the book so she won't be disappointed with the movie.  Good idea, enjoy the movie but savor the book.
           Interesting trivia from wikipedia.......The Help is Stockett's first novel. It took her five years to complete the book, which was rejected by 60 literary agents before agent Susan Ramer agreed to represent Stockett. The Help has since been published in 35 countries and three languages. As of August 2011, it has sold five million copies and has spent more than a 100 weeks on the The New York Times Best Seller list.

No comments: